Social Justice U is an action-oriented informational program that prepares constituents to meet with your own two General Assembly legislators this Fall. Most meetings will be online and hopefully at a convenient time. We meet as a group and it's fine to simply be an additional presence.Our goals are
- to advocate for social justice,
- to build civic capacity and confidence, and
- to develop a relationship between the legislator and constituents.
Please join us on Sunday, Sept. 27th. Virtual doors open at 2:30pm, program begins at 3pm and lasts till 5pm. (This is well before sunset for those observing Yom Kippur.)
Keynote: Senator Mamie Locke.
Followed by issue briefings on
- Criminal justice reform/public safety
- Civil rights/dismantling systemic racism
- Democracy/voting access
- Environmental justice
- Health disparities
- Poverty/economic justice
Register at http://bit.ly/SJU2020
Questions? LCTHR [at] googlegroups.com
Please verify your legislative districts at https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/ You will need to know this for the breakout sessions.