The preliminary goal of LWVCM Environment & Sustainability Team is to learn about local environment priorities in Mecklenburg County by meeting with government officials and members of organizations involved with similar issues. The Team began meeting in January, 2019.
The ultimate mission is to advocate for environmental issues that impact citizens of Mecklenburg County.
Our members have:
- testified at legislative "listening sessions" and
- testified before the County Board's budget public hearing.
Our concerns include:
- air quality;
- water quality and quantity;
- development, and of course;
- the 2040 master plan now being developed by the City of Charlotte.
All are welcome to join our monthly meetings.
For more information about related issues or to get involved contact us at environment [at] goleaguego.org